Wednesday, January 29, 2014

The only constant thing...

There is no getting away from it.
Good or bad, change will come.
And we can change or be changed.

My baby girl is turning 11 on Saturday. 11!!??!!  She is changing. She will always be the first , the ground-breaker for us. She is on the threshold of big changes.  Middle school is coming, and that is huge.
She doesn't like change, my girl.  We have had so many conversations about change.  She would like very much if everything always stayed the same.  She comes by it honestly. :)


I have made some bold, big changes in my life and yet, there are some things I wish would just stay the same.
None of us, if we're honest, want things to change all the time.  I don't mind it quite so much, but I do wish that some things in life were more constant.  Things like jobs, the weather….. the things that would make us more comfortable.
The things that require us to live by faith.

And it would same that those things….predictability and faith…. do not bedfellows make.

It would seem that for faith to be real, the must be change, unpredictability. I do not like it.

Ugh….

But I can change or be changed. It would seem, I am constantly being changed.

Because, the only constant thing as the saying goes…. is CHANGE.



No comments:

Post a Comment