Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Counting down

The past few weeks have been filled with all the getting ready that comes with the end of the school year.  With only a few more days to the official start of summer, we're all more than ready.

Okay....I'm ready.  Somehow this particular school year has seemed so much longer. And in actual fact it has been longer. We still have a week of school left.

There has been a lot going on for our family (more on that another time), so I think we're all ready for a break,  for pool days and sleeping in if we want to.:)

Alexandra had her big belt test this past Saturday. Of course, it overlapped with the other two's recital start time, and so I was that mother on her phone, texting during the recital, c .hecking on the child I could not be with.  The first big thing I have missed. This was pretty big too- she is ow an intermediate student of karate...not a beginner anymore.  So so proud of her!

Gabriella danced in a ballet, as well as a jazz number and did well.  Although, when she messed up in one spot, she mentioned to the mom in charge: ' I'm going to hear about that from my mom".  That made me fee awfu and maybe a bit more tigerish than I thought I was.:(  I woudn't have....no really!  I expect their best....and I want them to do their best.  Mediocrity is not anything anyone should be content with.  BUT it is THEIR best that I expect.... and a mother knows.  She did her best, and I was very proud of her, and told her so.....   I only heard about the comment later on. 

Sophia did an awesome job for her first recital.  You just never know when they're this young, just what they're going to do up on that stage. She smied and danced.  The audience went crazy for the lot of them!  It's aways so much fun to watch the litte kids dance...there's not a whole lot they can do wrong, even if what they're doing bears no resembance to the origina idea!

Father's day was good. I got to talk to my Daddy, and the girls asked me how to say Happy Father's Day in Afrikaans, so that they coud wish Pa. He loved it. They could not have given him a better gift.

Anthony got breakfast in bed, and cards from the girls which they picked out themselves.  I love the cards they pick! Mom and Dad had lunch with us in the afternoon.

I miss my family on days like these. They were all together and happy. Frankly they never need an excuse to get together.... I love that.

From now until the 26th, we'll be busy, and then....:)

SUMMER.

No comments:

Post a Comment