Wednesday, February 29, 2012

gifts

It's snowing. The kids are so happy, and I am happy for them.

This month flew by, but then….they all do it seems. Did I ever really talk about my focus for February? Well now that it's over, just about, I can share what it has meant to me. James 3.17:
But the wisdom from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, open to reason, full of mercy and good fruits, impartial and sincere.


7 things, 7 days a week, one a day. I have read that verse many times now, in different versions of the Bible. I hope that I will continue to be changed by these words. They have made me take a closer look, and have made me want to be better.

I spent some time in the company with two of my favorite people today. They most likely will not read this, but I wish I could describe just how sweet it is to be with people and leave, having been the recipient of the gift of friendship, and more.

Today I received another gift. I was pointed to Ann Voskamp's "One thousand gifts". I need to read it, not just because of the enthusiasm with which I was told about it, but because I am intrigued. Guess what?! There's an app for that!!!yay!!!

I was reading her blog while Gabriella was doing her homework. There's music on it. Beautiful music. Gabriella came in and asked about what I was reading. I explained briefly what I knew about it. She said, "oh….is it like a thankful journal, Mummy?" I said, yes, exactly. "Do you want to do it with me?" I asked. "Sure!" she replied. We're very much alike, her and I…..so this should be interesting.:)

I DO tackle too many things at once. I have a hard time saying no to good things, since they're almost always justifiable. Facebook, and even Words with Friends, had taken a place in my life that were not theirs to have. So I've been working on that, and will continue to do so for the month of March. I'm reading different books, tackling different areas of my heart and mind. I am all over the place, but I am finding that the harder I struggle against who I am, the more I am it. So I need to figure out how to make the me that I am work with everything else.:)
Today I am excited and thankful, for 1. snow (whodathunkit); 2.friends; 3. my awesome girls……. not in that order, but I don't need to explain that do I?

No comments:

Post a Comment