Saturday, April 21, 2012

Come aside and rest a while

I am, at this writing, in bed. :). What's so wonderful about that? Well, it never happens!:). I have been off from work since Tuesday. The girls and I have been away for a couple of days, and to end what has been a wonderful vacation week for them, we're going to do a bit of biking.

These few days have given me time to think, to read, to just be. I am so blessed to have had them with the girls. My actual vacation is next week, but I discovered that for all of this year, I had not used the sick and optional days and still had them. My very nice supervisors let me tack those days to the front end of my vacation, giving me just about two weeks off! Ahhh , what a gift! No time constraints, no rushing to get things done before 8 so that I can get enough sleep. Playing until late because we can. Staying awake to wait for Daddy to come home so we can pray together. Talking and laughing together without the clock growing larger and its ticking louder.

Time to dream and plan.

Of course, my body is so confused by this! We are not waking at 3:15?!?!?! Oh let's wake up anyway. I suppose that by the time I get over my 'jet-lag', it will be time to go back.

What a blessing to be able to come aside and rest a while. To refocus and recharge. To breathe and get ready for the next round.:)



No comments:

Post a Comment