Thursday, April 5, 2012

He is enough

Well into the first week of April, I have been thinking of my next "7". I am in need of so many improvements, that it's hard to know where to start.

First, March was a challenge. I concluded that we have been well and truly Facebooked as a society. So I am still trying to control that urge to know.:) But, it didn't remain nixed for practical reasons. I have not played Words with friends for..... let's see....30-something days. I am okay. I am guessing that once I get back to it, I'll still have to watch myself, just because that's how I am.

Anyway, back to April. Without going into too much detail (yes I know- can you believe it?), there has been a theme rising and drawing closer to the surface over the past little while.

Sometimes it's hard to figure out what God wants us to do, what He expects. But I also know that it's pretty unmistakable when He keeps telling you the same thing.
So I was reading, with something particular in mind, and this knowledge grabbed me like it never had before "He is enough". When I say grabbed, I mean like that 'whoosh!' feeling in your stomach when you're getting big news.

It was so very evident that He wanted me to know " I AM ENOUGH". It became like a mantra.:) I would come up against something, and I would say under my breath "He is enough".

I changed our bedroom around a bit. I had gotten these dry-erase boards from the Target bargain shelf. I put one in the girls' room. It's been fun. Someday, I may share about the notes we write back and forth. It started out as a way to communicate my feelings for them after a really bad day. I wanted them to know that my heart towards them remained unchanged regardless of what our days look like.

I had an extra board, so I put it in our room. Hehe.... Perhaps not a bad exercise for a couple either! I wanted to write something on it, and I thought, and thought. One thing stood out above everything else. Something that never changed or depended on my mood. A love note to me... to us.
"He is enough".

This past weekend, we had the treat and Cousins came. She said I have something for you. It was Angie Smith's book "I will carry you". I'm gonna hazard a guess and say she read the blog post.:)

I don't believe I had dry eyes throughout the book. It's a quick, intensely emotional read. I did not carry my three unborn babies to term, but I could relate to so much of it.

And there on page 55, were those words again, " He is enough".

Think He's trying to tell me something?:)

I don't know what your 'hole' or emptiness is. Don't you feel like a colander sometimes? So many holes that you can't seem to plug them?
But He is enough.:)

So Hello April! As we approach this Easter weekend, and as many celebrate the event on which our very faith rests, I will continue to seek after and delve more into His all-sufficiency. Because I am forgetful, quick to stumble and anger, but He.... He is always and ever.... Enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment