Monday, April 2, 2012

Love, Abraham and Psalm 46

Our Assembly's Sunday School Treat/Awards night was on Saturday night. 5 years ago Gabriella flatly refused to up and say her piece even though she knew it flawlessly (insert a bit of injured parental pride here:( .) The year after, both her and Alexandra went up and did beautifully. This year, it was Sophia's turn to complete this rite of passage with 1 John 4:8:), Alexandra faithfully recited her Abraham piece without a hitch and Gabriella... 5 years later sang with her friends Olivia and Maggie in front of all those people.:) (insert proud parent moment here).
The pix are very poor quality, but I should have been there earlier and gotten a better seat. Next year!

Today marks 6 years since Scott died in Iraq. Hardly seems possible, but it is. Today we remember Scott and appreciate afresh the sacrifice that he and so many others have made for us and this country. I think of Mary, a mother, Kevin, a father, and siblings Michael (and Shelby), Greg and Mark, and a bride who wore the mantle of a widow too soon.


Psalm 46:1-4, 10-11 (Gabriella's piece)

God is our refuge and strength,

a very present help in trouble.

Therefore we will not fear though the earth gives way,

though the mountains be moved into the heart of the sea,

though its waters roar and foam,

though the mountains tremble at its swelling. Selah
There is a river whose streams make glad the city of God,

the holy habitation of the Most High.

"Be still, and know that I am God.

I will be exalted among the nations,

I will be exalted in the earth!"

The Lord of hosts is with us;

the God of Jacob is our fortress. Selah (Psalm 46:1-4, 10, 11 ESV)




***removed pix of kids, since posting from my phone, the kids looked fuzzy enough. But, on the big screen, I'd rather not post pix of the kids (not my own) in the blogosphere, and cropping just makes it look horrible.:(***

No comments:

Post a Comment