Friday, September 7, 2012

Quiet

The house is so still. The girls are all at school, and it's an odd mixture of odd and nice.

On Wednesday, I had no phone…well, I had a phone, but it was the emergency 'dumb phone'.  We had called and checked and spoken to different people and decided to go with a new cell phone company.  So tired of AT&T's exhorbitant pricing, it seemed like a good deal to get 2 smart phones for around $20 and have a bill that would be slashed by almost $100 every month.

Right!

Not so much. There were a few spots, even in the house that when on a call, you could hardly hear the person, it was breaking up so much. Then I went to 'The Town':), to pick up Sophia's meds before school, and got horribly lost, because wouldn'tcha know, but you can't have two things going at the same time on a Sprint phone, which kind of defeats the purpose of having a smartphone, doesn't it?  So I couldn't have my pandora playing or talk to Anthony, while map questing, because it wouldn't work.

Hmf!

Soooo, back to the Sprint and AT&T stores Anthony went, Only this turned out to be a waaaaaay more expensive exercise and instead of saving, and we were now out of pocket many dollars more than we hoped to save! Ai! Lesson learned.  You DO get what you pay for.

In all this mess, I had a doctor's appointment, the girls had to be picked up from school, Anthony had switched working hours, so that one of us could be there for the end of Sophia's first Pre-K day!  When it rains it pours!

So enter the dumb phone.  I could be…potentially..possibly…who am I kidding…I am so past the dumb phone stage!! I mean what about the WhatsApp?! Words with Friends?!
The silly thing couldn't even text without me wanting to throw it against the wall….and I was in a somewhat of a throw it against the wall state of mind anyway….(another story).

However for a fair bit of Wednesday… a rough day for me… I was unable to  communicate. I needed to, but couldn't. I'm not talking Facebook status communicate. I'm talking "I need to hear my husband's voice"-communicate.

I had to be still.

I had to think.

I could talk to God…because praise the Lord, he doesn't need cell phones and doesn't text!!

And so I did.

Desperate bursts of anguish sent heavenward.

I think we've forgotten what it means to be still. To have time to think. We're so busy with life and 'communicating', that we've stopped….communicating.

So…
"In quietness and confidence shall be (my) strength"

"Be still and know that I AM GOD"

Ahhhh….the good old days.:)

Okay…. dirty house, need to get busy.

God Bless and Love the ones you've been given…and for goodness sakes…talk to them! :) xo<3



No comments:

Post a Comment