Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Slowing down?


Week three of school, and I'm waiting….waiting…. ever so patiently….

FOR ALL THAT FREE TIME I WAS SUPPOSED TO HAVE.

Hahaha!  Who am I kidding?  I thought that with all the girls in school now, things would slow down around here. But that isn't so. Not yet anyway.

I have to say, that our new activity schedule is one that I love, love , LOVE!  We have bumper Tuesday and Thursdays, but have Monday, Wednesday and every other Friday free!! Yay!

I was so drained by the constant running last year. I was determined to not repeat that, especially with a new baby on the way.

Speaking of SHE WHO IS, THUS FAR, NAMELESS….. all is well. I have to say that having a baby at 33 (Sophia) and having one at 38 is vastly different.  To be fair to my aging self, with any of my prior healthy pregnancies, I was not employed outside of home, and had 3 children who were not in school and not involved in any serious activities. So life is busier.

Aaaaaaand slowing down does not seem to be an option quite at the moment. The house has been like Grand Central Station this week.  Doctor's appointments, work going on at the house, this, that and the other…… I don't think it will be like this all the time, it's just one of those when it rains it pours periods.

Last year I became acutely aware of how in love with our busyness we can become.  We moan and complain about it, but wear it like a badge of honor.  So our schedule this year was deliberate. Yes, two days of the week are full, but 3 days free?!?!?!?! That, dear friends is a beautiful thing.

So, in the past three weeks, we have have escaped a tummy bug at school, but not a cold virus which has given me a case of acute sinusitis.  Good ole Dayquil is not to be mine this time. I have done my Glucose challenge, and since I haven't heard anything, I suppose no news is good news, and Gestational Diabetes is not a problem, despite eating myself into an ice cream coma for an entire week on vacation. (We'll not disscuss the ensuing weigh-in at my monthly appointment.)  We have made a fairly good transition into back to school, and I'm all organized and stuff, with meal plans, and Cozi calendars on the fridge. (We all know how well I START…)

Life is good.
God is better.
He is good even when life isn't.
I AM learning a little bit.

xo

A donated 4x 12" ponytails to Wigs for Kids, on Labor Day.


First day of 4th and 5th Grade.

First day of Kindergarten!


She's growing! Well, we both are.:-)
Hey!! There's a chickie in the chicken coop! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment