....from today, and barring any emergency c-sections that bump us from our slot, we will have a new baby girl in our family. Did that go by fast, or what?!
Or what..... well the last 6 weeks seem to have flown by, and the months before that crawled, as they tend to do when you're barely holding on to your meals. And now I am once again at the intersection of 'come on baby get here', and 'I need the next six weeks'!!
She's a busy little bug, and already seems to have so much personality! I think she must know that she's to be the 4th girl in this family, and that she needs to make her mark. People will compare anyway, they always do!
Sophia's Kindergarten teacher said the other day, it's like looking at Gabriella 5 years ago BUT she's SO social!! Translate: She's probably not as quiet as her big sister was! lol! Love it!
I confess that I have had a bit of a hard time knowing that we'll never have a little boy. A mini Anthony, who looks like him and mimics him as little boys are wont to do. (Anthony looks so much like his dad. There's a part of me that longed to see him with a little boy who is a part of him.) For some reason, God has chosen to let us keep these 4 lovelies. Alexandra says with much conviction....actually almost creepy conviction..... that there is at least one brother in heaven. She firmly believes that G7 was a boy. She felt the loss of that baby keenly. I think I was more sad for her than me last year. We shall see when we meet again.
Perhaps, my sons will be the ones I get by marriage. Maybe I'll be a nice mother-in-law. Gosh I really hope I am!! haha
Anyway, it has been beautiful here in the north-east. The colours are vibrant, and I hope the leaves stay for a bit longer, but as we head closer to winter, we get closer to her arrival, and also, God willing Mummy and Daddy's arrival. How can winter be chill when I will have my parents here for Christmas for the very first time?!?!?!?!
I can't wait.
We have so much to look forward to.
We have a lot to do, but it'll get done....it always does.
xx
No comments:
Post a Comment