A couple of Christmasses ago, Anthony came home with 3 clear boxes.
I cried when I saw what was in them. I don't know if I have ever received a gift like that...before or since.
That Christmas season, we hung 3 eggs on the top branches of the Christmas tree. Last year, we had to add another.
Today is a Day of rememberance for those who have lost infants, stillborn babies, and those lost through miscarriage. I saw it first on a forum I frequent this morning. A friend blogged about her experience and we all have the same different story.
So though I too had no idea what today even was when it started, I remember 4 little people that we look forward to seeing in a coming day. I wonder what they would have been like.
The 4 I never got to meet. The 4 who will always be a part of me. The 4 whose birthdays I remember. And the 4 whose loss...the dates...the feelings....the 'where I was'... the silent screaming, and the ache....the ache...I will never forget.
We all have our ways of dealing with it. May God heal- as only He can.

No comments:
Post a Comment