Kids are getting older. Changes are occurring and there's no holding on to time.
Taking a step or leap of faith is scary. It's not comfortable, that's for sure. But there's this great Corrie Ten Boom quote, which is my cover pic on my facebook page:
"Never be afraid to trust an unknown future to a known God."
Sophia helped to make cupcakes
What does Daddy love? Bacon and chocolate... Hmmm
Gabriella piped "welcome home Dad"
And we surprised him with them on Friday night. :)
Last week sometime, there was a 2 part Focus on the Family Broadcast (I'm retyping this, since I seem to have lost it). I cannot for the life of me remember the guest speaker....the guy who does Grace to you...David Jeremiah!!! Brain freeze, sorry.
Anyway, he was talking about children and being there for them, and he told a story of how he and his wife cut a trip short to be there for their son. There was no fanfare or appreciation shown right then and there. However, the next Father's Day, a card from his son read something like this:
"Thank you for coming home when I needed you."
And that, right there, is IT.





No comments:
Post a Comment