Friendships and social networks give us the chance to peek into these lives. So I can well understand the statistics that show that sites like Facebook has led to an increase in depression!
Lately I have been quite tempted to take a picture of my very (always) messy desk.
"I try and I try.... But I can't get no satisfaction!" ;)
Point being: someone has to display their imperfection! Hahaha
Be that as it may, I know people who are living incredible lives. I listen to podcasts and listen to people who are living incredible lives. I read blogs of people who are living incredible lives.
I am tempted to ask "when's it my turn?", and then I realise.... Perhaps incredible things and lives don't just happen. Perhaps people are just open to and willing to risk being used in an incredible way.
There are a couple things I am confident of in this life:
My love for my family; my mediocrity as a housekeeper:); ..... Uhmmmmm.... I guess just a couple! LOL!
When I made the decision to come to the USA, a friend said to me "I'm surprised- a year ago you said you could never do it!"
That made me sad, because somewhere along the way, I had gotten scared and become someone I did not recognize. Somewhere inside was someone who would have jumped at the opportunity. Where had she gone?
That conversation was just over 14 years ago. I think that I constantly remind my girls to be brave and be the best they can be, and all God wants them to be, because I want them to live incredible lives.
Perhaps I should also teach them just how to recognize an incredible life. Perhaps then, I will be reminded too.
I hope I can teach them that in striving to live it... They should not miss it.... especially if it was right there the whole time.
My Messy... Odd how vulnerable one can feel putting this on, but not when putting your kids on display with all the crazy people out there...!!

No comments:
Post a Comment