We had a good weekend. Things are busy around here, no more or less than anywhere else, but I am trying to be less so. Trying to simplify.:)
Anyway, after two of the girls were sick last week, my body finally caved on Thursday. As sickness goes, it wasn't rough, but low grade fevers , bad coughs and a lot of nasal stuff.
My boss asked if I wanted to go in late on Friday, and I said yes before I even knew why he asked!haha I participated in my first facility audit at UPS, and let's just say…if you thought women were the blabber mouths, think again. I suppose it was a grand opportunity for some to flaunt their knowledge and flaunt, they did…ad nausium. Anyway, it was a good opportunity for me to see where I could do better as safety co-chair, and well, there's always room for improvement, isn't there, and staying in that comfort zone of "I'm okay", isn't a good place to be anyway.
Girls and I had a movie night on Friday night, and I posted before about "Lord Willing". :)
Saturday was Alexandra's big day. She had her orange belt test, and she was a little nervous about it, but she was prepared. I really like the dojo she's at. It's a one man 'shop', but he's living his dream, and is so dedicated to the kids. Also, nothing comes easily there. They earn everything they get, and I love that about it even more. So when she put that new belt on, the satisfaction was hers, and well deserved. We celebrated her achievement on Saturday evening, and Gabriella even made some cupcakes for her sister as a dessert treat. <3
I spent a lot of time in the kitchen yesterday. Pretty much came home from the worship service and cooked. I felt all pioneerish and stuff. lol!
But the main thing that I want to share is that the meal planning thing- works! So while I spent a lot of time in the kitchen yesterday and will probably do so on certain days, it makes other days easier.
Let me use yesterday and today as an example: Roast chicken was on the menu, with green beans and mashed cauliflower (both from the 'almost gone' section in Market Basket- nothing wrong with them!).
The chicken was an Emeril recipe, and had carrots and onion and lemon in it. I somehow didn't have onion, but I had leeks for today's soup recipe, so I used one of those. The chicken was good, and the kids devoured the beans and mashed cauliflower, which was renamed everything from pottiflower (yes even girls will use any opportunity to use bathroom words!)to cottages to pauliflower! While the chicken was roasting, I used the peelings from the vegetables (also the snipped end of the green beans), to make vegetable broth. I added the leeks and celery and carrots after the chicken was done roasting to add more flavor, since it was too salty to eat, but would be good in the broth. When the broth was done, I took out the whole carrots, cauliflower and a couple of ribs of celery, and pureed that, and made carrot ginger soup, using some homemade coconut milk I had made the other day. Gotta love Pinterest and Facebook for the recipes. Very minimal waste on my end!! Love it.
The soup and broth are frozen.
On tonight's menu is Avgolemone Soup (Greek chicken/lemon/egg soup) with fresh bread. So me being me, I'm just using Turkey broth made from the Thanksgiving Day bird, diced turkey from the same day. Threw it all in the crockpot. Mondays are now filled as well, since Gabriella is starting voice lessons. So each weekday has something. Was I saying I was going to stop?!?! we're on a piano break, and I didn't want to be on a music break, so this is the alternative. She has a pretty voice, and loves to sing.
So that's what's been happening with us. I went to the gym this morning, with Natalie across the road, and it was nice to have someone with me. We both enjoyed it. And she said, so should we just do this Wednesday again? I said yes! All the way home I'd been thinking whether I should ask…will it seem pushy…coming on too strong…etc. So, it seems like I have a gym buddy.:)
Okay, the Christmas stuff needs to go back to the attic. It's been boxed up for a week now.
Till next time!!
Alexandra and Sensei Quimby
Cannoli cupcakes
<3
Seeeeesters!
3 hours of looking at outlets and ceiling tiles etc etc blah de blah
Why do we buy toys again?!
Ta Daaaa! <3


No comments:
Post a Comment