What is there that's so satisfying about old things leaving the premises and seeing that floor space?:)
Sophia and I made a trip to Saver's today. I have had several things in the laundry room... Well really, no self-respecting laundry room would call itself that when in reality it is the 'junk room'.
Affectionately known as the Banana Suite (after a hideous coat of yellow covered the walls in a desperate attempt to 'clean it up'), 'the room' has been the dumping ground for all things homeless when company comes. I know- everyone has a closet, a drawer.... Yours truly has a whole room. My goal is to have the kids' things in there and have a space where they can do their homework, as they have done in periods of.... Undumping.
I watch Clean House as a loyal devotee- telling myself I am not nearly as bad as THAT! Well, I'm not the organised sort, and so it's an effort. I am working on it.
I went through 'the room' with a practised emotional detachedness . Asking myself with each thing, is it used? do we need it? etc. You wouldn't believe how hard it can be, but it's gotten easier.:)
Have to do it- simply because I need to set an example for the girls.
Moving on- Insecurity can sometimes get the better of me when it comes to friendships.... New or old. Couple that with a need for approval, and a head can get pretty messy. I see this in the girls sometimes.... A fear of rejection that far outweighs the promise of something new. As I encourage them to be bold(er), There is sometimes the voice that whispers 'hypocrite!'.
So today, I was bold and got two flies with one swat ( Gabriella has respectfully requested that we refrain from using 'killed two birds with one stone'- flies are a nuisance, so they're okay!?!)
So, boldness gained me a gym buddy on Monday, and hopefully, will give a lonely new neighbour some time out of the house.
Two flies. One swat. Bold(er). ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment