Tuesday, January 8, 2013

2013 begins

So far, it has been good.

I think for right now, my only resolution is to get more sleep.  I am always tired and a tired Mama is a Mama waiting to get sick.

The girls have gone back to school, and we have weathered the first no school attendance virus of the new term, courtesy of Miss Gabriella.  Extreme mommy guilt at the onset of the fever, since I didn't get Sophia and Gabriella to the flu clinic this year.  Alexandra got the mist at her 8 year physical, and Alexandra happens to have the strongest constitution of my 3 girls (of course!).

The tree left the house on Saturday….we got a real one this year, and at various points, the girls have questioned the wisdom of the real tree this year.  They just weren't getting the "it smells so wonderful" bit!?!?!?

However on Saturday, Anthony called me downstairs, as he was sweeping up the mess in the front hallway. Needles EVERYWHERE!  I giggled and said, oh well…. it's sort of expected when you get a real tree. Alexandra said to anthony "Looks like someone put a small thinking cap on!" lol

On Saturday, We had a marathon hair washing and blow-drying event.  There's a lot of hair in this house!:)  I did Gabriella and Sophia's hair. It was pretty funny. Sophia has never seen her hair anything BUT curly, so she was having a bit of a love affair with the mirror. It was cute.:)  Gabriella loved hers too.  Lots of work, but will save them from having to get their hair wet for a bit.  It was so cold last week. And I know they say it has nothing to do with it, but my father always used to say we'd get sick if we went out with wet hair…and that we'd get "stinkneus"….hehe. Literally translated 'stink nose'.  No I don't know either!!lol

Last Saturday was also the first time we had absolutely nothing to do…as in scheduled. It was bliss.  I listened to this podcast this morning on Focus on the Family.  The lady was talking about busyness.  Her family had taken a sabbatical from busyness for a year.  OOOOhhhhhh tempting.  She's right. We start flaunting our packed schedules like badges of honor.  I'm tired of the running.  There are issues that go along with all the activities.  I am probably guilty of living vicariously through my kids.  Gabriella does dance because she loves it, and because I probably won't forget having to stop for no other reason than we didn't have the money. And so she dances and sings and Xandra does karate, and Sophia dances too.  But yes…I am running.  So? to Stop or not to stop.. That is the question.  I DO say no…probably just not often enough.


Ahhhh life.  Live it…Love it.
















No comments:

Post a Comment