Thursday, August 29, 2013

3:58 a.m.

That's what time it is. 
Not unusual for me to be up, but not usual for me to have been up, dressed and outside work already.

Our family has been blessed with an extra bit of beach for the next coupla days. Admittedly, yesterday when I was stressing and trying to pack up 3 kids and all that goes with 2 days at a house not your own, I was NOT seeing the blessing. When I was standing outside the house and the keypad entry was NOT working and the kids were shivering because the blessed beach was about 100 ft away and it was foggy and Anthony was not answering his phone, I was NOT feeling blessed AT ALL.

Yes. Hormonal. Fact. 

So here I sit, having slept for probably 3 hours, in a comfy bed, in a sleeping house, right on the beach.
It. Is. Gorgeous. No seriously. Simple and beautiful. And worth it. The kids love it. Hey! I love it! 

My brain was fudgy after the trauma of keyless entry, solved by the owner who happened to be there. But we had been locked out for about 45 minutes and so yes... Fudgy. The kids had bran flakes, I had toast and we watched Madagascar 2, during which Anthony arrived.

I was decidedly less crusty around the edges by then... Come on- Madagascar !! 2!!! :)

Our official vacation being over, we're commuting from the beach (.... Insert feeling blessed for regularly having a 25 minute commute....)  for the next couple of days.

Perhaps some beach time will allow me time to think about things like blog name changes. But heavier on my heart is a desire to draw nearer to God.
Not living off the experiences of others, or even my past mountaintop experiences.

Just the thing that will again make others wonder what exactly it is, that I have.




No comments:

Post a Comment