Tuesday, August 27, 2013

peaceful...

There are 6 days left of summer.

This makes me sad for a few reasons, but there is also so much to look forward to.

Change,  as they say is the only constant.  We can fight it, buck against it, deny that it's coming, but it will come. So we can embrace it, or be miserable.

I'm not a hugger. Rather a bit more of a huggee. :)  I respond well to being hugged, but I am a little insecure about giving them, unless it's someone I am really comfortable with.  A fun fact about me. haha
However, life often doesn't ask for your opinion when tough things come your way, and so as we all probably do, we fight, resist, and then embrace the change because the alternative is.... drowning?

We have had several changes in the past several years, and there are more to come....the ones we know and the ones we don't know about.

We are just back from vacation. And what a vacation it was! It was one of the best so far, and yet, we cannot quite put our finger on exactly why.  Maybe we just needed the time to be together s desperately, that it seemed better than all the others.:)  But both the kids and the two of us, wished we never had to leave, and were saying things like, "Can't we just live here?"...  Maybe part of that had to do with the fact that it was just such an amazing time, and part of it had to do with the fact that for one week, it was our time. No work, no appointments, no schedule, no place to be. THIS is summer, THIS is vacation. Perhaps it was special because this was our time....the five of us... before one of our biggest changes to come. And as we look forward to Little Baby Grillo, she comes with LOTS of changes, and schedules.  Our next vacation will be special, but not quite the same.  Also, the house we rent, will likely be sold in the next little while, and perhaps that  also made it extra special. Remembering each room we've laughed and played in. The cool breeze on the screened porch, the conversations with our friends. Each visit has been special and different in its own way. The Before marriage and kids visits, the Before Sophia visit, The When Sophia was born visit with Mummy and Daddy, and then the last 3 years with our special vacation buddies. To families vacationing together....made me nervous, since we'd never even spent a weekend together, much less an entire week or more!!  But it just got better each year.

So this morning, I was up at 3 again. This time, I couldn't just roll over and go back to sleep. Back to life...back to reality.
A week from now, I'll be getting ready to get the girls from their first day of school. A week and 3 days from now, I'll be getting ready to get Sophia from her first day of Kindergarten.

We just can't hold onto time, can we?

In about 14 weeks, there will be someone new to hold. Someone new to hug. Someone new to make memories with. Someone new to share all the precious memories with. What will she be like?....who will she look like?  I confess I have never been this curious about meeting anyone. Isn't that funny?  We wondered about each of them, and maybe I'm just forgetting, but this little person.... it seems like this meeting is something I have waited for for such a long time.

With all the change afoot, I am enjoying this little moment of peace. I have stuff all over the place.... we haven't quite unpacked all the bags and things yet. And yet, there's a calm and a peace.  I know that I'll probably hit panic mode in a bit.  But for now I am going to enjoy this.


A few things:

I have not come up with a new name yet.  Two of the chicks have started laying- yay! I don't need to go school shopping, because for once, I did something before the last minute.  Just thought I'd share.:)


No comments:

Post a Comment