Sunday, August 4, 2013

Halfway there!

Summer is halfway done and so is this pregnancy!  

I forget what the last post was (mobile blogging), but perhaps cake reveal?  Regardless, it's been a few weeks.

Anyway, summer has been hot and I don't like to complain because I really don't like winter, and it always comes too quickly. Sophia's had a birthday (5!), Gabriella had camp, they all are deliciously tanned, VBS came and went, pool days and time with friends! 

School starts in another month. Why does it sound so long but feel so short?
We have our vacation to look forward to- I can't wait. I always realise that I'm ready for vacation when getting up and going to work gets harder. Of course, right now, this might be because at 22+ weeks, I'm just tired and not sleeping well. It will be a long 17 weeks, methinks...

We're all doing fine. Baby is doing well, very busy, and we're trying to get things in order for when she comes.

There's lots to do. All exciting.:)

We have backpacks ready and school supplies have been bought. Sophia needs school clothes, but I think we've got things covered. ( Mama's going to have a hard time sending this one off to school.) 
Apart from appealing to the school board for secession from the  rest of Peabody (perhaps this will shorten our school year?), I may also request that we introduce school uniforms. Yes, seriously.

So.... Family get together, Alexandra's 9th birthday, vacation, braces (maybe?), Labour Day, School.  

Wow. Just like that.

Also, since our family is changing/ has changed, the blog name may be changing. We have long since ceased to be five grasshoppers and 2 fish. We have since April been 5 grasshoppers and 6 chicks.:)
Hmmm.... Now there'll be 6 grasshoppers, 6 chicks and who knows what else.

I'm thinking about it. :)

'Til next time.

xx



Taken last Wednesday.

 
Don't you love how they start out dwarfed by the enormous backpack? 
I'm excited for her... Sad for me.

2 comments:

  1. You look awesome, C! Can't believe the littlest is heading off with a backpack already. You'll be happy to be getting another you can keep at home for a while! Excited to hear what you rename the blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sue!
      I remember that already having Sophia took some of the sting out of Alexandra's first day. So in December, I shall be comforted! Ha!

      Delete