This has been an odd week. I have had one, two or all the girls at home for the whole week…. blech!
Sophia and Alexandra appear to have recovered, but due to a fever yesterday afternoon, Alexandra had to stay home today too. Gabriella is now down with this virus as well, but seems to be doing surprisingly better than her sisters have done….'touch wood'... or ….something!! Quick!! :)
The Thing appears to last for 3-5 days. I am hoping The Thing doesn't care for grownups- don't get me wrong….I don't like my children being sick, but I'm guessing it will not be possible for me to have 5 couch days?
Sophia was cute yesterday- Gabriella was on the couch and she was there beside her, scribbling on some paper. I asked what she was doing, and she said "I'm taking notes Mama (have I mentioned that I love that she still calls me 'Mama'?)- I'm trying to fix her, but nothing works.:(".
Yes…that pretty much sums it up. Ride it out, 'cause nothing really works. I don't think they have ever missed this much school….well not since they first started school and were building their immunity.
So we're getting sort of an extended vacation. I believe we've exhausted the charm of the Pajama Day part, which is usually the first day or so, since everyone has lived in pajamas for days now. Yes…even for me, the warm and fuzzies lose their charm after a few days.
I also think their eyes should be assuming some sort of rectangular shape any minute now, since they have watched loads of 'TV'. We don't do regular TV, so they've watched movie after movie for days and days. Poor things were too faint to read, and just lie there. Awesome mummy that I am, I opted to watch with them (versus the more good-motherly route of reading to them), mostly because I find that I fall asleep while reading these days.
However, the girls started fighting this morning….a sure sign that they're on the road to health, and after reading them the Riot Act (#1), everyone sort of went along and did their own thing while listening to The Swiss Family Robinson.
We've also enjoyed listening to Adventures in Odyssey. We have a lot of fun listening to those together, and the audio stories was a nice and welcome change from the constant visual entertainment, and also allowed me to do a bit of catching up whilst remaining close by.
And thus begins our vacation week. I have looked forward to vacation since….well the last one. AND my vacation from work follows the kids'. Anthony will be away, so it should be interesting:), but hopefully we'll just be able to be a bit normal, and have normal people bedtimes and not have the constant rushing. I think that's what I look forward to most of all. Much of our day is so regimented….it just works that way….but Oh! to just be free of that for an entire week…..
I can't wait.:)
No comments:
Post a Comment