It's Monday.... Tomorrow will be Tuesday.
This kind of brilliance is seldom found, I say! ;-)
Well what it really means is that my vacation is over and I'm back to work tomorrow. My job is such a blessing to our family. We get the most amazing health benefits, so I'll just have to focus on that when the alarm goes off at 3:15 tomorrow morning.:)
It was good to be home without the work part last week. Anthony was in California from Saturday to Saturday and so it was just us girls. I slept. A lot.:)
Anyway, I enjoyed wearing just my mom hat and vacation never fails to remind me just how much I miss it. No pressure to fit everything in between the hours of ....., and we even went out for fro-yo Wednesday evening- imagine that?! We were so relaxed.
Anthony came back from beautiful California determined to slow down. I made one schedule change last week which gets us a free day in the week. It is so hard to find the balance between the desire to give the children the opportunities to explore their talents and do the things they love and time to just BE.
Most of the things we do... The running, the working... All noble intentions behind them. But could we possibly lose each other along the way? I want them to look back some day and say " I loved to dance, and mummy and daddy let me do it", "I enjoyed karate, grew stronger and confident, and mummy and daddy gave me the chance to practice".... I want them to sing and dance and play and do the things I never could and yet.... I don't want the price to be so high that we are resentful of those very things.
Being a grownup is tough, hey? Parenting more so.
Meanwhile, Spring seem to finally be here. Our Weeping Cherry is brilliant this year.:)
The chicks are flourishing and the girls are still devoted, though the first flush seems to have worn off.:)
Hope and Promise abounds.

No comments:
Post a Comment