Tonight a proud mama writes about her little third grade writer.
My Alexandra had an essay submitted to the George Peabody Essay Contest for third graders. It's city wide and public and private schools submit entries after the kids do their field trip to the Museum and write an essay on dear George the millionaire philanthropist.
Alexandra didn't win, but because there were so many entries, the Historical Society selected two for honorable mention. Truth be told, when I first heard about the honorable mention, I was excited for her, but secretly, lukewarm, because I thought 'here we go again: 'everyone's a winner'.
As it turns out, it wasn't the case. And seriously, who even cares!! My baby girl went up on that stage and confidently and clearly read her essay before people and cameras at the school committee meeting.
I'll likely never suffer from dry-eye. I cry when I'm happy, when I'm angry and I cry when my heart is so full, it spills out my eyes.
Gabriella turned to me and said, " Mommy you're not crying, are you?"
"Yes."
"Yes, I am."
No comments:
Post a Comment