Thursday, February 21, 2013

Safety

Every now and again, I check the stats on this blog…. for the very reason I am writing this today.
I don't know exactly who reads it, but I know that it is read. I can see that people in different countries read it. I can see which posts are read, and I can also see which sites referred them.

Today, I checked in, and much to my dismay, there was a referring site which was not a good one.  I don't know how, and how that one reader would have come here from there, but it was a cold reminder of the fact that when you choose to share your thoughts (and photos) in a public way, that you are not immune to the eyes of those who are not friends, or friends of friends.

With this in mind, I am taking precautions. While I enjoy writing these, I cannot deny the exposure it holds for those dear to me.

So, dear reader in Belarus, Portugal, Germany, Ukraine, USA, Canada or wherever, you may be a friend or just some person who stumbled across this blog…. all I know is that it has been viewed about 2,500 times.  Hopefully my ramblings and rumblings have struck a chord somewhere.




2 comments:

  1. That's a shame. Always enjoy reading your thoughts and insights and seeing the occasional snap of your three beautiful girlies.
    Elizabeth Simonyi-Gindele (Portugal)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just left me feeling very vulnerable.:(
    I'm glad you've enjoyed the posts.
    I enjoy writing them- But I pretty much deleted half and removed photos from the rest.
    Hope all of you are well!:)

    ReplyDelete