Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Vacation week:)

So far we are having a good week.

We have spent some time with different friends, and it is oh sooooo nice to have a break from the general rush and busyness.   I crave these times!

We're not having an 'away vacation' this week, though I am sure the girls would love it, but we have a little time out of the house each day. I am working this week, and so is Anthony, so we are making special moments here and there.
I had some special 'get back in bed after work' time this morning! hehe   Some things are REALLY special!:)

On my drive home, I listened to today's Focus on the Family Broadcast, as I often do on the way home from work.   I think I have included a link to the broadcast…or rather the 'today's broadcast' page.  But it is easy enough to find.

Today's message resonated…..yeah… February 2006, the end of the month, we lost the first of four babies, the last one being this past September.  As a couple and a family there have been many (shared/ private) losses, and of course hope and joy and Sophia sprinkled in between. :)

I suppose that sorrow has often tried to befriend me, but I have always said no.  I suppose it felt as though to make sorrow a friend has always seemed to be giving that pain the victory.  Perhaps I have been mistaken.
This message  (http://www.focusonthefamily.com/radio.aspx ) gave me a different perspective.  I still have a hard time saying "yes, bring it on, Lord, if it means my 'refining' ".  Because what if He's not done?  I guess I've got some praying to do, hey?


Anyway,  I am (slowly) doing the Romans project….truth be told, I am NOT a typist, and I have cramps in my hands typing the verse over and over!lol!  But it is a GREAT way to aid memorization, so I am really thankful to have found the program.  I have also gotten some index cards (in bright and wonderfully happy colors) and started pasting the verses as sort of memory matching game!

On the exercise side- I am most likely the MOST out of shape I have ever been!! So I hurt last week. But we will push on with this insanity.:)

The week is passing quickly, but it is good….really good to have this break.  







No comments:

Post a Comment